CoinHive

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Recover a deleted Apex page

Sometimes, actually more than sometimes I delete stuff that should not have been deleted. I guess working with SVN and good old windows Ctrl + Z spoiled me.
So when I deleted an important page I initially thought Apex also had an "magically get my page back and save my ass" functionality.
Newsflash: Apex does not have that! ... Or does it? :)
After some googling around I found an article by Peter Raganitsch explaining how to "hack" the export page functionality to do exactly this.
Check the article for a detailed explanation and pictures. It references Apex 4, but the method is still applicable.
In simple steps:
  1. Head over to the export Page functionality
  2. Use Inspect Element on the Page select list, because your deleted page will not be in the list.
  3. Edit the HTML to add your deleted page
  4. Use the "As of xx minutes ago" field to go back in time
  5. Press the export page button and witness the magic
This functionality uses Oracle's FLASHBACK functionality, so how far you can go back is dictated by related settings. Your mileage may vary.




No comments:

Post a Comment